Thursday, April 9, 2009

Genocides

I think that the people to blame for the situation in Rwanda was the Belgians. Because if they hadnt seperated everyone into different groups, and given each group different ranks and things like that, there would have never been that violent feuding. However, the United States sitting back and letting it just happen made me sick to my stomach. And the worst part was that the United States just denied that there was a situation over there. I mean, everyone knows that there was something wrong, but all we did was say 'it is not a genocide.' Thats just terrible! But as for the situation in Darfur, I am just hoping we dont do the same thing we did in 1994. Okay, you might be able to make excuses for yourself the first time it happens, but when it happens a second time, you cant say you didnt know what to do. So I am really hoping that the United States government acts accordingly to the situation. The U.S. can say that no other countries helped with the situation in Rwanda. Yes, that is true, but just because they didnt doesnt give us that right. You are always supposed to do what you think is right.

No comments: